The Way of the Knowmad: Bridging World, Future, Self
If you feel a higher calling towards making a difference and chasing what endlessly fascinates, inspires, and stimulates you to approach problems in creative new ways… Congratulations. You’re already a Knowmad. And a Knowmad at its core is someone who works in a specific way that paves the way for the future (read the blog post here).
This push towards social entrepreneurship, disruption of the status quo, and ‘changemaking’, why is it relevant? How do we navigate it?
In essence, Knowmads are: the link between the baby boomers and the millennials. We navigate times of disruption and systems collapse by seeing the opportunities.
From this, we cultivate a hotbed of social transformation.
- We speak multiple generational languages to connect the old (still in power) with the new (rising power)
- We are: Connectors AND Creators
- We work on centralizing the human: integrating the heart in all things.
- We work with questions, not answers because nothing is fixed. We live in permanent uncertainty due to rapidly-evolving technology, so to be prepared and flexible, we work with questions.
- We are always assessing the situation both present and future, seeing what skills might be needed, and then adding those to our repertoires.
- We don’t know the answers to the questions of tomorrow. We don’t even know what the questions will be.
- We don’t know the answers to the current disruptions happening in society.
We dare to embrace the only knowledge that is certain: that we cannot know everything.
By embracing this side of yourself, treating it as an asset and wholeheartedly leaning into it, you will find your way in the world. This is how you achieve equilibrium both personally and professionally. It’s the sweet spot where you are doing something that you completely love and are good at, while contributing to the subtle revolution that takes us into the new age. This principle is scientifically inexplicable for the same reason that sustainability is more profitable for businesses. But it works.
That is the purpose Knowmads Business School serves: as a space for you to explore this potential inside of you. You get to design your curriculum (choose the 30+ workshops you want to have). You have a coach specially assigned to you to help you on your goals. You launch yourself into whatever project inspires you. Innovation, business design, sustainability, communication skills, project and workshop design; any and all subjects on the forefront of the future, you can choose from. When you come to Knowmads, you are given an arsenal of all tools you can imagine to make a difference. It is just up to you which ones you use and how you use them.
Why are we sharing this?
Tribe 17’s application deadline has passed, but not all the spaces are full. We encourage you to apply ASAP for one of these limited spots. Because it is unique in its kind, Knowmads’ 6-month program tends to fill up quickly. The application process is highly-personalized to see if Knowmads is a good fit for you and vice versa.
Knowmads is an international hub that draws people from all over the world. This past year alone, students from North and South America, Europe, and the Middle East attended. Your Tribe will be highly diverse in character, and as such, full of insights, ideas, and support.
Tribe 17 starts March 7th. (You can also apply for Tribe 18 which starts in September).